Peter Lucas Project Management’s goal is to move humanity forward by impacting our families, our communities, and the world. We are looking for dynamic professionals who value growth, embrace change, and have the courage to go after something as big as mining an asteroid!
Peter Lucas is a group of energetic and curious problem-solvers, and we are currently seeking a Mechanical Technologist to join our team in a secondment role with a mining client in Saskatoon. the position will work mainly from head office in the city, but will include occasional trips to mine sites in Northern Saskatchewan. The initial term for the role is until the end of 2021, with possibility of extension
At Peter Lucas we provide the variety of work, professional challenges, and incredible learning opportunities that come with contract-type work but in an environment where staff have targeted professional growth support, a diverse community of colleagues to lean on, health and dental benefits and improved job security compared to contracting on one’s own. We seek to create an environment where everyone can find success in a career they are passionate about while being compensated fairly and contributing to a better future.
Peter Lucas is a diverse team, with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and approaches to work. This diversity allows us to increase our decision-making capacity, individual engagement and overall project effectiveness. We are proud to develop teams both internally and externally that provides safe, supportive, and empowering work environments for everyone.
For our Mechanical Technologist roles we are seeking individuals who possess:
- 4+ years experience
- Mechanical design background with experience in 3D modelling
- Familiarity with the following software: Audodesk Plant3D including smart P&IDs, Cloudworx, Jetstream 3D, Navisworks, AutoCAD
- Experience with process piping, pumping, equipment and layout design, HVAC ad building services
- Moderate-to-advanced technical skills including scope, schedule, estimation and cost/risk/quality management.
- Moderate-to-advanced general business abilities including strong communication skills, safety management, procurement, technological literacy, strategic orientation and planning/prioritization.
- Moderate-to-Advanced leadership skills including adaptive leadership styles, change management capability, conflict resolution, coaching/mentorship and diversity support and promotion in the workplace.
- Perform design work using 3D modeling tools
- Support mechanical engineering teams in the development of piping, HVAC models and various other mechanical design drawings
- Develop construction work packages
If you are looking for the next step in your career please apply HERE. Please note that only applications received through the provided link will be considered for this position.