Senior Energy Systems Project Manager
Peter Lucas Project Management is a group of energetic and curious, problem-solvers, and we are currently seeking an experienced Energy Systems Project Manager to join our team.
At Peter Lucas we provide the variety of work, professional challenges, and learning opportunities that come with contract-type work but in an environment where staff have targeted professional growth support, a diverse community of colleagues to lean on, health and dental benefits, and improved job security compare to contracting on one’s own. We create an environment where everyone can find success in a career they are passionate about while being compensated fairly and contributing to a better future for our community.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Establish project objectives by collaborating with project stakeholders and management team;
- Analyze alternative energy technologies to develop and implement system efficiencies;
- Create and maintain project budget and schedule by approving expenditures, analyzing variances, negotiating changes in scope/contract, invoicing and collecting payment, initiating corrective actions, and reporting results to management;
- Work with procurement team to create purchasing documents, including bidder reviews and selection;
- Organizing the project team, including assembling and directing team members and assigning/delegating responsibilities;
- Incorporate safety planning into all aspects of the project;
- Communicate between engineering vendors, construction, operations and maintenance personnel to ensure designs meet construction requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Professional Engineer designation with APEGS Professional license is preferred;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is preferred;
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in project management, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and executing work;
- Possess a strong knowledge of various energy systems;
- Extensive experience managing projects involving electrical or power systems;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms to others;
- Skills in dealing with ever-changing client deadlines and expectations in a tactful manner;
- Ability to work collaboratively in diverse teams including technical and non-technical personnel;
- Resourceful, results-oriented, creative, and analytical thinker;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines as well as balance multiple projects by prioritizing effectively.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and feel that we might be able to share in that bright future, please apply and I’d like to share more with you about where Peter Lucas Project Management can take you!